This one-day training is led by local professionals in Brunswick County and is open to all adults who want to learn more about addiction and have the desire to help people navigate addiction. Attendees often include families, friends, caregivers, clergy, law enforcement, first responders, healthcare providers, employers, educators, community-based service providers, and anyone interested in learning how to respond to substance use/co-occurring disorders. Like CPR, the course is designed to build the skills to support and respond to someone who needs help. The training will also help participants navigate the resources available in your own community.
- Who should attend this training?
Attendees for the trainings can include families, friends, caregivers, clergy, law enforcement, first responders, healthcare providers, employers, educators, community-based service providers, and anyone else interested in learning how to respond to substance use/co-occurring disorders.
- What will I learn?
Like CPR, the course is designed to help you build the skills to support and respond to someone who needs help. The training will equip participants to learn:
- How to identify the signs and symptoms of addiction
- How to help an individual in need of support
- The effects of stigma on individuals and families
- How to set healthy boundaries and principles of self-care
- What does it cost me to attend?
Participation is free of any financial cost thanks to:
- The generosity of clinically trained presenters who volunteer their experience and expertise
- A grant from the North Carolina Opioid Settlement made to Brunswick County
- The generosity of hosting groups who provide a meeting place, lunch, and refreshments
- I can't attend but still need and want to help, what are my next step?
If you can't attend this training date but want to get a jump start on enCompass, you can enroll in a free, brief course with some of the same faculty as enCompass. This online resource is "Addiction 101" at Addiction Policy Forum Addiction 101.
We hope and expect that you will sign up for a future enCompass Workshop and bring someone with you. Email us for questions and/or to be on the email list for upcoming workshops.
- How can I partner and support enCompass Brunswick?
You can partner by hosting a workshop at your organization or find groups that would like to host an enCompass workshop.
Sponsoring groups could provide a space for the workshop, lunch, and refreshments. Contact us today to become a partner, host, or sponsor, or call 910-253-2350.