Technical Assistance

Technical Assistance includes, but is not limited to, the following issues: drainage, erosion, soils information, and water quality issues.

General Conservation Planning

Technical assistance is available for agricultural lands with resource concerns for design and layout of Best Management Practices (BMPs). Financial assistance may be applicable for practices meeting U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) - Natural Resources Conservation Service specifications.

Pasture & Hayland Establishment & Management

Recommendations are offered for crop selection. Crop selection is based upon soil types, drainage, climate, and intended use of crop.

Animal Operation Technical Assistance

Assistance is available to help producers continue to meet permit requirements.

USDA Farm Bill Compliance

Compliance assistance is available to agricultural producers with highly erodible land (HEL) and wetland (Swampbuster) provision of the 1985 Food Security Act as amended by the Food, Agriculture, Conservation and Trade Act of 1990 (16 USC. 3801 et.seq.) and the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 and wetlands requirements of Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (e.g., wetlands delineation). Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) makes HEL and Wetland Determinations, and helps land users develop and implement conservation plans to comply with the law.

Wildlife Habitat Management

Site evaluations are conducted, and recommendations might include, but not be limited to, development of vegetation, woodland thinning, controlled burns and habitat enhancement. In some instances, financial assistance may be applicable.