Pursuant to N.C.G.S. 143-128.1A, 2 C.F.R. 200.320(b)(2), and S.L. 2021-189 enacted by the North Carolina General Assembly in December 2021, Brunswick County is inviting qualified Design-Builders to submit qualifications statements for the design and construction of essential water infrastructure enhancements in the Town of St. James area of Brunswick County as more fully set forth herein.
The County finalized a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) that provides recommendations for addressing the project’s objective of alleviating reduced pressure concerns in the Town of St. James and surrounding areas during peak demand periods. This project shall follow the recommendations in the PER, as the basis for this project. The recommendations include the design and construction of the following:
- St. James 211 Gap Water Line – Approximately 5,920 LF of 16-inch water main, beginning 6,800 feet east E.F. Middleton Boulevard and running to the east to a point approximately 600 feet west of St. James Drive.
- 16-inch Check Valve – Check valve vault, by-pass line and associated piping and valves. Insert into the existing 16-inch water line on E.F. Middleton Boulevard at its intersection with Highway 211.
- E.F. Middleton Boulevard Transmission Main Extension – Approximately 4,850 LF of 16-inch water line southward along E.F. Middleton Boulevard from Seafield Drive. Then, approximately 1900 LF of 12-inch (nominal I.D. via trenchless installation) water line eastward to Holly Harbor Drive.
- Design and Construction of Small Interconnections:
- Somerdale Court to Oceanic Drive – approximately 275 l.f. of 4” water line
- Worthington Place to Westland Lane – approximately 550 l.f. of 4” water line
- Medina Court to Member’s Club Boulevard – approximately 350 l.f. of 4” water line
Design-Builders interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
Post Office Delivery Hand Delivery or Alternate Shipping Service
Bob Tweedy Bob Tweedy
Brunswick County Public Utilities Utilities Operations Center
P. O. Box 249 250 Grey Water Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422 Supply, NC 28462
For consideration, five (5) hard copies and one (1) electronic copy on a USB drive of the response to this Request for Qualifications must be received by Bob Tweedy by close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 15, 2024. Brunswick County will not be responsible for the failure of any mail or delivery service to deliver responses prior to the stated date and time. Regardless of the manner of submission, any response received after the stated date and time will not be considered. Incomplete responses or responses inconsistent with the required format will be disqualified from consideration.
All written questions or comments shall be submitted to by close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 13, 2024. A copy of all questions, further clarifications, and responses will be made in the form of an addendum to this Request for Qualifications and will be provided to all known interested Design-Builders. Any addendum will also be posted to the County website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Design-Builders will be responsible for ensuring that they have all addenda. The County will not be responsible for notifying interested parties.